Membership in CHG
The membership and Board of the Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild (CHG) welcomes new members! The Guild serves textile artists from Atlanta and surrounding areas whose interests range from handweaving to feltmaking, handspinning, dyeing, beading, basketmaking, and beyond. CHG reflects the interests and concerns of the Atlanta area fine arts and crafts communities and represents and celebrates the common ground of endeavor for professional weavers, hobbyists, teachers, students and collectors of textiles. Guild members are inspired to reach for excellence, and Atlanta’s cultural community is strengthened by CHG’s vigorous and committed arts organization.
The Guild year begins July 1st and ends June 30th, and per the Guild bylaws, renewal memberships are due prior to the October Guild meeting. New members who join after January 1st pay one-half of the annual dues for membership through June 30th. Continuing/renewing members and members who have been a member in the past pay full dues regardless of when they renew their membership.
- Monthly programs (except for July, August, and December)
- Reduced fees for classes and workshops
- Mini-workshops offered after monthly meetings
- Member’s Only Exhibition (every 2 years)
- Juried Exhibitions (every 2 years)
- An extensive selection of books, magazines, and videos in the Helen Woolman Library
- Equipment rental options
- Fiber Focus – The newsletter of the guild issued 10 times a year
- Study Groups
- Opportunities for Scholarships and Awards
- A Standards and Ratings program
- Access to the “Member’s Only” portion of this website