Chattahoochee Handweavers GuildWe're here to share our love of weaving and fiber arts with you.
CHG Programs Suspended due to Coronovirus Restrictions
CHG operates in a facility (N. DeKalb Arts Center) that is owned by the City of Dunwoody. We were notified today that the City has made the decision to close the facility until Monday, May 18th, 2020. This will impact a number of offerings from the Guild. Our Education Chair will be evaluating class impacts and scheduling going forward. When we have news it will be posted here.
Program Cancellations –
- CHG Meetings
- Saturday, March 21, 2020 – Our speaker for the meeting, Pat Williams will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Friday, April 17, 2020
- Saturday, May 16, 2020
- Robyn Spady Spring Workshop
- April 18-19, 2020 – Registrations are being refunded
- Tapestry Study Group
- Finishing School Study Group
- Members’ Show – Board will have to determine if it can be rescheduled in the fall.
- Louët Travelling Showroom, Saturday, April 4, 2020 – Louët has cancelled all traveling showroom events for the next several months. When they are able to reschedule, they will contact CHG for a possible date.
a message from our president
Welcome to Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild. Please explore our website to find out who we are and what programs we offer. We have a strong educational mission and offer a multitude of classes over fall, winter, spring and summer quarters. In addition we host regional, national, or international experts in weaving for workshops three times a year.
Because of the Coronovirus outbreak the Guild is suspending programs until May 18th, 2020. While many of our classes and workshops do not fit the category of “large group” meetings, there are many of our members who might be members of high risk groups. Additionally, the Guild uses a building from the City of Dunwoody. The City has asked us to suspend all programs for now.
Our meetings are open to visitors and we hope that you decide to drop in at one of them. Generally they are held on a third (3rd) Saturday of the month, but when workshops are scheduled, they occur on the Friday evening prior. Check our calendar to be sure.
Board of Directors
President – Ray Callaway
VP Programs – Kathi Grupp
VP Workshops – Lauren Seidl
VP Juried Exhibits – Mary Beebee
Treasurer – Hazel Segall
Membership – Leigh Skowronski
Secretary – Kathy Roulston
Properties – Colleen Casey
Members Show – Emily Kahn
Education –Ann Doherty
Communications – Elyse Anderson
CoWorkshops – Chris Hitchcock