Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild Presents:
Creative Confinement – Online Fiber Show
Thanks to our Sponsors!
Click on the logos below to learn more about our generous sponsors.
Our Members’ Show, as planned, was canceled due to COVID-19 shelter in place requirements. Instead, we’ve come up with a way to put on a show with a twist – we’re now hosting a show online and we have invited some of our neighboring guilds to join in. In a small way, we can help fill the gap that Convergence left in the summer when it was canceled. We’re working on some awards for the show but more details about that will come later. Read on for more info but don’t miss some extra entry tips here.
We hope you will enter, because it’s free.
June 15th – ENTRY IS OPEN!
July 15th – last day to submit entries
July 24-30 – voting period
Announcements of winners – first week in August
Functional, Wearable, Accessory, Decorative, Mask and Made During Shelter in Place (Started on or after March 1, 2020). See registration page for descriptions.
- No more than 5 entries allowed per person.
- Entries must be created by you no earlier than May 2018, except for the Shelter in Place category which must have been started after March 1, 2020.
- Entries must include fiber.
- Images must be no larger than 1024 x 1024.
- Entrants must agree to allow us to post entries, share entrant information after voting is complete and use images and descriptions in social media and other places to promote the show.
All entries will be reviewed for appropriateness by the show committee. You will be notified by email when your submission is confirmed for participation in the exhibit.
- Name is required. The competition will be anonymous, but names will be shared after voting is complete.
- Email address and best telephone number is required. We won’t use your personal information for any other reason, than communicating about the show, without your permission.
- Indicate what guild you are a member of. Some awards will be restricted to CHG members.
- Each of your entries needs a unique title because “Scarf” five times won’t work. Besides keeping it suitable for any viewers, it can be flowery (Dawn Over Wawasee Lake) or simple (Scarf 1). The name you provide will be visible.
- Please provide a description of your entry. Again, this can be simple or involved but should include things like fiber content, weave structure (if woven), Sett / PPI, special techniques like “hand dyed” or “hand spun”, dimensions, credit for collaborators, etc.
- Upload an image/video that best illustrates your work. Tips and instructions will be available on the web site. Be sure to provide photography credits if someone other than you took the photos.
Terms of Participation
By submitting an entry, the Artist grants permission for The Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild to use the accepted image and descriptions on their website at https://chgweavers.org, on posts to their social media outlets, for brochures, promotional materials, and for publicity about the exhibition. Artists will be given attribution for their work after an initial period of anonymous voting for awards. If someone other than the artist should be credited for the photography of the work the Artist is responsible for supplying that information to the Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild in the description section of the entry form. If artwork includes an image or likeness of any person, the Artist certifies that a model release for such people has been obtained. The Artist hereby certifies that he or she holds the copyright for this material and that it does not infringe on any existing copyright. The copyright remains with said Artist. The Artist also certifies that the work submitted is original.
Coming Soon: Stories From Nature Juried Competition
Creative Confinement is our online “neighborhood” show where all of the winners are selected by popular vote. In 2021, we host a juried exhibit. The theme will be Stories from Nature. Catharine Ellis will be the juror. Entries open in November, 2020. Click here to learn more (but make sure you enter Creative Confinement).