Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild Presents:
OUT of the BOX – Online Fiber Show
Thanks to our Sponsors!
Click on the logos below to learn more about our generous sponsors.
Our last Members’ Show in 2020 was held online due to COVID-19 shelter in place requirements. We invited some of our neighboring guilds to join in and had a really great response. This year we’re going to take the online show up a notch by holding a celebration for all of the winners in an in-person event in Atlanta. Read on for more info but don’t miss some extra entry tips here.
We hope you will enter, because it’s free.
October 1 – ENTRY IS OPEN!
October 27 – last day to submit entries
October 29 – November 12 – voting period
Announcements of winners – November 19 at Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild in Dunwoody, Georgia.
Functional, Wearable, Accessory, Decorative, Whimsical and OUT of the BOX. See registration page for descriptions.
- No more than 5 entries allowed per person.
- Entries must be created by you no earlier than June 2020.
- Entries must include fiber.
- Entries cannot be entered into CHG’s Juried Competition (registration begins Nov. 1)
- Images must be no larger than 1024 x 1024.
- Entrants must agree to allow us to post entries, share entrant information after voting is complete and use images and descriptions in social media and other places to promote the show.
All entries will be reviewed for appropriateness by the show committee. You will be notified by email when your submission is confirmed for participation in the exhibit.
- Name is required. The competition will be anonymous, but names will be shared after voting is complete.
- Email address and best telephone number is required. We won’t use your personal information for any other reason, than communicating about the show, without your permission.
- Indicate what guild you are a member of. Some awards will be restricted to CHG members.
- Each of your entries needs a unique title because “Scarf” five times won’t work. Besides keeping it suitable for any viewers, it can be flowery (Dawn Over Wawasee Lake) or simple (Scarf 1). The name you provide will be visible.
- Please provide a description of your entry. Again, this can be simple or involved but should include things like fiber content, weave structure (if woven), Sett / PPI, special techniques like “hand dyed” or “hand spun”, dimensions, credit for collaborators, etc.
- Upload an image/video that best illustrates your work. Tips and instructions will be available on the web site. Be sure to provide photography credits if someone other than you took the photos.
Terms of Participation
By submitting an entry, the Artist grants permission for The Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild to use the accepted image and descriptions on their website at https://chgweavers.org, on posts to their social media outlets, for brochures, promotional materials, and for publicity about the exhibition. Artists will be given attribution for their work after an initial period of anonymous voting for awards. If someone other than the artist should be credited for the photography of the work the Artist is responsible for supplying that information to the Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild in the description section of the entry form. If artwork includes an image or likeness of any person, the Artist certifies that a model release for such people has been obtained. The Artist hereby certifies that he or she holds the copyright for this material and that it does not infringe on any existing copyright. The copyright remains with said Artist. The Artist also certifies that the work submitted is original.
Coming Soon: TRANSFORMATION Juried Competition
OUT of the BOX is our online “neighborhood” show where all of the winners are selected by popular vote. In 2023, we host a juried exhibit. The theme will be TRANSFORMATION. Tommye Scanlin will be the juror. Entries open in November, 2022. Click here to learn more (but make sure you enter OUT of the BOX).